Southwest Community Corporation incorporates sustainability into our core business operations through internal and external efforts. Specifically, we shall work to adopt the following policies and practices:
1. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
2. Purchase environmentally preferable products
3. Conserve energy, water and natural resources
4. Practice green business policies on checklist
We educate employees on resource conservation and pollution prevention through:
1. Training programs or brown bag sessions to educate employees on proper recycling & composting practices, resource conservation ideas, importance of low-toxic purchasing.
2. Informing employees about environmental resources by distributing the Employee Green Resource Guide
3. Using clear signage for compost, recycling, landfill, water conservation, and energy conservation
4. Hosting only zero waste events (i.e. ensuring that no waste is generated during company picnics, meetings, etc.)
We reduce our footprint by:
1. Training programs or brown bag sessions to educate clients on proper recycling & composting practices, resource conservation ideas.
2. Reducing waste by printing double sided, buying in bulk, and eliminating disposable products such as single serve water bottles.
3. Reusing equipment such as furniture, or donating usable items to charity.
4. Striving for 90% waste diversion by recycling all resources such as paper, plastics, cardboard, glass, and aluminum AND composting all food and plant discards.
We reduce the use of toxic materials to protect employee and client health and the environment. Specifically, we:
1. We will purchase low toxic janitorial cleaning products certified Green Seal, UL/Ecologo, Safer Choice, and/or meet criteria on www.sfapproved.org, whenever possible.
2. Avoid purchasing toxic substances and any aerosol cans. Minimize the use of disinfectants in routine cleaning.
3. Lighting – Purchase LEDs, T8 or T5 low mercury fluorescent lamps.
4. Implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program for controlling pests.
5. Dispose of hazardous materials safely.
We purchase & use:
1. Printer paper, business cards, marketing materials, collateral, etc. with a minimum of 50% postconsumer waste (PCW) recycled content.
2. Janitorial paper with post-consumer waste (PCW) recycled content (toilet paper and facial tissues minimum 20% PCW, paper towels minimum 40% PCW).
3. Specialty or large format paper with minimum 30% PCW.
4. Chlorine-free paper products.
5. Remanufactured or refillable toner cartridges.
6. Promotional materials with vegetable or low-VOC inks.
7. Energy Star rated refrigerators, appliances and office equipment.
8. EPEAT verified computers, laptops, and monitors (http://epeat.net/).
9. The most water efficient toilets, urinals, showerheads and faucet aerators.
10. The most environmentally friendly vehicles for business use.
We conserve fossil fuels and other resources by:
1. Sourcing renewable energy through CleanPowerSF.
2. Investing in carbon offset projects to mitigate and sequester carbon.
3. Promoting the use of public transit and commuter alternatives.
4. Offering commuter benefits and employee commuting options.
5. Participating in the Emergency Ride Home program.
6. Using energy-conserving software programs and unplugging equipment.
7. Reusing and refusing packaging materials.
8. Emphasizing repurposing of items in lieu of purchasing new items.
9. Remodeling using LEED Green building standards.
Southwest Community Corporation and the below signed commit to the policy outlined in this environmental policy statement for at least the 4-year duration of our Green Business recognition. We promise to uphold this policy to the best of our ability and knowledge, and pledge to train our staff, contractors, building management and janitorial staff as necessary to maintain our commitment to this policy.
DATE OF ADOPTION June 6, 2022
By unanimous vote by the Board of Directors
Southwest Community Corporation
446 Randolph Street San Francisco, CA 94132
At SWCCSF, we provide language accessibility services with staff fluent in English, Spanish, and Cantonese. Additionally, our forms and website are available in English, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese, ensuring effective communication and accessibility for all.
En SWCCSF, ofrecemos servicios de acceso lingüístico con personal que habla con fluidez inglés, español y cantonés. Además, nuestros formularios y sitio web están disponibles en inglés, español y chino simplificado, lo que garantiza una comunicación efectiva y accesibilidad para todos.
在 SWCCSF，我们提供语言无障碍服务，工作人员精通英语、西班牙语和国语。 此外，我们的表格和网站提供英语、西班牙语和简体中文版，确保所有人能有效沟通和可访问性。
Copyright © 2023 Southwest Community Corporation - All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2023 Southwest Community Corporation - Todos los derechos son reservados.
版权所有 © 2023 西南社区公司 - 保留所有权利。